Philodendron Xanadu: A verdant oases of tropical splendor
Philodendron Xanadu, is a large tropical houseplant that effortlessly elevates your indoor space with its mesmerizing foliage. Easy to grow with lush multi-lobed foliage and a bushy growth habit, this Brazilian native plant has won the hearts of plant aficionados and interior designers alike. Until recently the plant was considered a Philodendron, however in 2018, the Philodendron Xanadu along with several other plants were reclassified into the newly created Thaumatophyllum genus. The common name of Philodendron have however carried on.
Why Choose the Philodendron Xanadu Plant?
The Philodendron Xanadu exudes an air of calm and tranquility wherever it is placed, almost reminding the beholder of calm sea waves and seagulls and sandy beaches. The most striking feature of this plant is it’s leaves. The leaves sport a pattern which gives off the aura of having multiple leaves on a single leaf. With every such twist and turn in its leaf structure rounded to perfection, one will be hard pressed to find it’s match elsewhere.
- Captivating Variegation: The defining feature of the Philodendron Xanadu plant is its enchanting variegated leaves. With dark green in color, with multi-lobed structure, along with it’s short and bushy like growth, this philodendron exudes an air of stunning presence that just cannot be ignored.
- Multi-lobed variegations: With its dark green foliage and its multi-lobed structured leaves, the Philodendron Xanadu brings a touch of the tropics to any environment. Its bushy structure transmits an aura of opulence that in turn transmits the viewer to the paradise of the tropical islands.
- Adaptable Placement: The Xanadu plant thrives in bright, indirect light but can tolerate lower light levels. Its versatile nature makes it a stylish choice for various indoor settings.
- Elegant Splendor: The Philodendron Xanadu plant emanates an air of elegance and luxury. Its presence exudes a timeless beauty that complements both modern and classic interiors.
- Lighting: The Xanadu prefers medium to bright indirect sunlight, but can still survive in lower light conditions. If the light is not bright enough, it could make the leaves smaller and vines leggy. Ideally the setting should be such that it recieves at least six hours of bright indirect sunlight every day. Otherwise it may lead the plant to develop shorter leaves with lesser lobes, or cause yellowing of the leaves.
- Watering: Thorough watering will be required when the soil becomes almost completely dry which can be easily checked by poking the soil upto the top inch or so. If it feels dry to the touch, then it is time to water the plant. More frequent watering is required in the growing seasons of spring and summer with reduced frequencies in winter.
- Temperature and Humidity: Most household temperatures are usually adequate to maintain this tropical beauty. Originating in the tropics, if it finds a similar environment, it’s growth will be unhampered. Occasional misting can also help maintain the required humidity for this vine to grow. Point to be noted, prolonged exposure to temperatures below 18 degrees celsius is fatal for these tropical indoor plants.
- Soil and Potting: The Philodendron Xanadu prefers nutrient rich, light and porous soil. Most bagged soil (but not garden topsoil) will be adequate to grow this beauty. But when growing indoors, care must be taken to ensure that the soil does not contain moisture retaining crystals as that can lead to root rot. Most philodendrons are average growing plants, hence repotting every other year may become necessary.
- Fertilizing: A weak solution of complete liquid fertilizer administered every two weeks throughout the growing season is the strongpoint. In the winter months, no such fertilizing will be required as the plant goes dormant during this period and fertilizing can cause it to go into shock. Alternatively dressing the top soil with worm castings or rich compost can also be a healthy option.
In conclusion, the Philodendron Xanadu plant is a captivating and opulent addition to your indoor sanctuary. With its variegated foliage, delicate accents, adaptable nature, and timeless elegance, this plant is a cherished choice for both plant enthusiasts and newcomers. Embrace the allure of the Philodendron Xanadu plant and transform your living space into a haven of natural beauty and regal sophistication.
DISCLAIMER: “ALL IMAGES SHOWN HEREIN ARE FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY. ACTUAL PLANTS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PRICES MAY VARY ACCORDING TO AGE AND SEASON. WHILE WE SHALL ALWAYS DO OUR BEST TO ADVISE OUR CLIENTS ABOUT PLANT CARE, THE BOUQUET BOUTIQUE DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED TO THE PLANTS DUE TO CONDITIONS AT THE CLIENT’S LOCATION.”